On Jul 12, 2010, at 8:30 AM, Kenneth Holter <kenneho....@gmail.com> wrote:

I moved the "environments=testing" from "main" to "puppetmasterd",

restarted puppetmaster, and tried another puppet client run. Same

results. Even tried without that entry, still don't work.

What I meant was
[main]
environment=testing

[puppetmasterd]
environments=production,testing

I found a thread indicating that the site.pp file should contain a

default node, so I included this in /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp:

-- code start --

node default {

 info("default node")

}

-- code end --

..and found that this is being parsed instead of puppetmaster fetching

the node information externally via the external nodes script. Any

ideas on how to proceed debugging this?

I would run "puppetd --configprint environment" to see what's the real
configuration after parsing. If it's setting it to the testing
environment but not invoking external node, please run "puppetd
--configprint all | grep ldap" and forward a copy of the output.

If it's a bug, definitely worth looking into and confirming.

Thanks,

Nan

Sent from my iPhone