Aaron Lippold <aaron.l.lipp...@us.army.mil> writes:

> We have some interest on looking at Puppet on Android - it's just another
> distro right?

Ho, ho, not even close.  Have you actually looked at Android?

Their "bionic" libc is not glibc, and requires porting effort to get Ruby
running.  Then you get to ensure that the puppet client runs inside their
security model, and all the associated fun.

So, um, no, it isn't even close to desktop Linux any more than any other
deeply embedded Linux is.

(Also, expect to write a non-trivial number of resource providers, given that
 you are in an environment radically different to anything puppet now supports.)

        Daniel

I am *really* curious, though: what were you hoping to *do* with puppet?
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ dan...@rimspace.net            ☎ +61 401 155 707