I'm looking at using puppet with OpenSUSE 11.3. I've been using it
happily with Centos 5 but am thinking of switching our lab clients to
the former. I'm having a little trouble getting packages to install.
Out of the box I get an error that "RPMs must specify a package
source". I found a puppet guide for SUSE which suggested installing
yum and pointing it at the SUSE repositories. This I did but I got the
error that it "cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository". I did a little Googling and saw a post which suggested
that OpenSUSE no longer provide yum compatible repositories. I went
back to the puppet documentation and see that for SUSE the package
providers are rug, yum and rpm. I can't find any reference to rug in
OpenSUSE 11.3 (I'm guessing it's no longer used). I'm not too keen on
installing individual rpms by name.

Basically I was wondering what people are doing for package management
with Puppet on OpenSUSE 11.3?

Ta.