On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:46 AM, cola <c...@infonica.it> wrote:
> I've puppet up running, and now the first thing I'm trying to achieve
> is to configure the network interface ( /etc/sysconfig/network and /
> etc/sysconfig/network.scripts/ifcfg-eth0 ) for a host as soon as it's
> being provisioned.

Managing these two files works well and is something I do regularly myself.

Keep in mind puppet agent generates SSL certificates based on the
hostname of the machine by default.  If your hostname changes then
puppet will automatically re-generate certificates and issue a
certificate signing request to the certificate authority server.

--
Jeff McCune
http://www.puppetlabs.com/