On Aug 10, 8:22 pm, Igal Koshevoy <i...@pragmaticraft.com> wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 06:58 AM, ScubaDude wrote:> Packages I needed to get dashboard
> running on a RHEL4 Server:
>
> Thanks for describing this, we'll incorporate these into a future
> release of the Puppet Dashboard's documentation. I've added a feature
> ticket for this athttp://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/4510
>
> If you or others have other OS-specific instructions, please feel free
> to submit a patch against the docs.
>
> >    augeas-0.7.2-1
> >    augeas-libs-0.7.2-1
> >    facter-1.5.7
> >    ruby-augeas-0.3.0.1
>
> The Puppet Dashboard doesn't require these packages -- I suspect these
> were required as part of installing Puppet.

Your quite correct, the server I'm using also hosts the puppet-master.

> > From the Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux repository:
> >    ruby-mysql-2.7.3-1
> > [...]
> > I tried to install the mysql gem the same way, but got errors because
> > ruby needed to be a higher revision.
> > [...]
> > [Instead installed from]
> >    http://rubyworks.rubyforge.org/redhat/4.9/RPMS/x86_64/rubygem-mysql-2...
>
> The "ruby-mysql" package from EPEL is recommended by the documentation
> for newer versions of CentOS and provides a pre-compiled library that's
> tricky to to build otherwise. Did the EPEL package work for you? If so,
> there shouldn't have been a need to install it via `gem install
> ruby-mysql` or from rubyworks. If not, can you please summarize what
> happened?

The EPEL ruby-mysql package installed fine, however if I try to run
the server without the mysql gem I get:

!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2.
Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- mysql
(MissingSourceFile)
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`require'
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
active_support/dependencies.rb:158:in `require'
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:7:in
`require_library_or_gem'
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
active_support/core_ext/kernel/reporting.rb:11:in `silence_warnings'
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:5:in
`require_library_or_gem'
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/
active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:61:in
`mysql_connection'
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/
active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:223:in
`send'
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/
active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:223:in
`new_connection'
         ... 26 levels...
        from /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/
server.rb:84
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`require'
        from script/server:3

That might be caused by some other issue, or a version conflict.  I
removed the ruby-mysql RPM (--nodeps as puppet-dashboard requires it)
and all continued to function so that RPM maybe a red herring.

Trying to install the gem with 'gem' I get:

# gem install mysql
ERROR:  Error installing mysql:
        mysql requires Ruby version >= 1.8.6

Hence using the RPM version of the mysql gem.