On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Daniel Maher <d...@witbe.net> wrote:
> On 08/12/2010 12:49 PM, Ohad Levy wrote:
>>
>> Does the puppet run starts at all?
>> I've seen similar case when the clock were out of sync, ntp started and
>> aligned it, but puppet got hanged because of it (or sleeping for a
>> really long time).
>
> Just the other day we had a problem with the config on the DNS servers that
> appeared first in the (puppet-controlled) resolv.conf of our machines.
>  Puppet initialized just fine, but sat and waited for DNS resolution (read:
> timeout) at each step, which took forever.
>
> Might want to check into that, too.

Yep, thought about that ..
The box has DNS resolution - no problems. It pulls repos from redhat
epel, as well as some scientific linux stuff ..
It populates the yum.repos.d directory, and then does :
 yum update -y

This completes no problems, so I think it's deeper than that. But good
point ... :-)

> --
> Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe DOT net>
> "The Internet is completely over." -- Prince

Regards,

Adrian