On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Adrian Snyman <a.sny...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Adrian Snyman <a.sny...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Trevor Hemsley
>> <trevor.hems...@codefarm.com> wrote:
>>> You're not exec'ing some install program that is stopping and waiting for
>>> input? When we deploy Platform Symphony, we have to do something like an
>>> exec that runs "echo Y | symphony-installer" or we get a similar problem.
>>>

>> Hmm, I am not aware of any installers running ... I will take a look
>> and see if there are
>> any background processes waiting for input .. thanks !
>>

> Well, I have run through the installation, and it appears to be
> hanging on the installation of our grid software.
> The commandline is executing, but the rpm's aren't downloading - so I
> will keep looking ...

Okay, just a heads up here ...
I found the issue to be a faulty rpm. The user/group did not exist on
the target system, and so after about 300 warnings, yum simply
freezes. Installing the rpm manually showed the error. After creating
the user and group - the deployment was successful.

Unfortunately, puppet simply hangs while waiting for the rpm
transaction to finish, and there is no indication as to what is
holding up the
install ...

--
Regards,