On 07-09-10 17:29, Martijn Grendelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What does this error mean?
>
> Sep  7 17:15:54 racey puppet-agent[3291]:
> (/Stage[main]/Sysctl/Sysctl[kernel.shmmax]) Could not evaluate: No ability
> to determine if sysctl exists
>
> I don't know where to start looking. If I should post my configuration,
> please let me know.

I found this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-dev/browse_thread/thread/97778429d8734e84#

It's about the exact same problem that I'm having, but no solution.

I am running 2.6.0. I first tested my code/manifests/modules/etc. on a
small test environment, and it worked there. Then I moved it to the
production server, and the error above appeared.

Best regards,
Martijn.