On 9/10/2010 6:19 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
James Turnbull wrote:
And we're back with another exiting release in the 2.6.x branch -
2.6.2.
For those using Fedora or RHEL/CentOS, I've updated the yum repos at:

     http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/repo/puppet/

Packages for EL 4 - 6 and Fedora 12 - 14 are available for testing.
Add the puppet.repo file from either the epel or fedora directories to
/etc/yum.repos.d to enable.

If you find problems with the packaging, please let me know.  If you
find other bugs, please file them in redmine:

     http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/issues

I'm particularly interested in anyone updating from 0.25.x to 2.6.x
and whether you run into regressions or other issues that would make
this an unsuitable update to push into the stable Fedora and EPEL
repositories.

(And for those still reading and thinking that someone else will test
and provide feedback, let me say that I've had none so far.  For all I
know, no one has updated from 0.25.5 to 2.6.2 on Fedora/EPEL using
these packages. :)

I did a server and all client upgrade to your 2.6.1 package from your 0.25.5 package without any problems w/ your packaging. Install, init scripts, etc all work fine.

And now the upgrade to 2.6.2 looks good after 5 whole minutes.

Server: CentOS 5.5
Clients: CentOS 5.x, RHEL 5.x, Fedora 8 and 13.

My only issues were some syntax in my manifests that 2.6.1 didn't like, but 0.25.5 silently ignored and a significant increase in compile times.

I am yet to raise an issue with puppetlabs regarding compile times.

Ben