On Oct 15, 2010, at 7:05 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Ben wrote:
>> I did a server and all client upgrade to your 2.6.1 package from
>> your 0.25.5 package without any problems w/ your packaging.
>> Install, init scripts, etc all work fine.
>>
>> And now the upgrade to 2.6.2 looks good after 5 whole minutes.
>>
>> Server: CentOS 5.5
>> Clients: CentOS 5.x, RHEL 5.x, Fedora 8 and 13.
>>
>> My only issues were some syntax in my manifests that 2.6.1 didn't
>> like, but 0.25.5 silently ignored and a significant increase in
>> compile times.
>
> Thanks Ben!  Were the changes to your manifests required to get puppet
> to run at all or just do silence new or deprecation warnings?

I heard something in IRC that made me think that /etc/puppet/namespaceauth.conf
doesn't deprecate gracefully.  I've never gotten around to testing it though.
Specifically, in puppet.conf, you can still use the old section names, but I
had heard that the old setion names don't work in namespaceauth.conf.