I rsync my ssl dir from CNAMES puppet-ca.example.com to
puppet-ca2.example.com every 5 mins

All clients configuration is set up such that ca_server =
puppet-ca.example.com

If puppet-ca goes down, I swing the pppet-ca CNAME to the puppet-ca2 server

Note that to make this work I use the same single cert for all puppet
servers and use certdnsnames to include puppet-ca & puppet-ca2 and every
CNAME for every puppet server in the organisation

As for storedconfigs - I'm not there yet, but thought I'd have MySQL point
to the one server. All the warnings about queuing and the like has pushed
the priority down for me

John

On 18 November 2010 08:29, Scott Smith <sc...@ohlol.net> wrote:

> nfs mount the puppetmaster ssl dir. seperate puppetca (set on clients) play
> with it and you'll figure it out :)
> On Nov 11, 2010 9:18 AM, "luke.bigum" <luke.bi...@fasthosts.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if this document is up to date (besides the comment
> > at the top saying it's not):
> >

> http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/1/wiki/Multiple_Certificate_Authorities
> >
> > Or does anyone who has a load balanced multi puppet master with some
> > kind of shared CA confirm that the procedure is accurate?
> >
> > --

John Warburton
Ph: 0417 299 600
Email: jwarbur...@gmail.com