On 01/12/10 09:57, Daniel Piddock wrote:
>  On 30/11/10 18:07, Eric Sorenson wrote:
>> Minimally in your current code change 'include repositories::debian' to
>> 'require("repositories::debian")' - this is a built-in function that does an
>> include-plus-require and will produce the ordering you want  (Thanks to Jeff
>> Mccune for pointing me at this)
>> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/function.html#require
> require was the function I was looking for. So obvious and documented.

It appears that I was a little too early in my celebration.

"require $class" causes you to import the class, however no dependency
is then placed on the *contents* of said class. I'm in exactly the same
position. If I have "require => Class[repository::fedora]" instead of
just "require => Class[repository]" in the Package definition I get the
results desired. This strikes me as a design flaw.

I tried the puppet 2.6.3 gem but it still performs in the same fashion.

I'll try generating some simplified configs in a test environment and
file a bug report. Then I'll redesign everything else.

Dan