Thanks everyone for all the tips on where I can get pp files for testing.
Very helpful.

Some answers to questions below:

On Dec 10, 2010, at 11:32 PM, Daniel Pittman wrote:
I wonder if there is a set of pp files available for testing the parser.

Puppet labs don't have a hidden repository of them to use as part of
testing or anything like that

ok, I was asking in case there were a bunch of test files under some less than obvious name in git :)

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to do with your parser?  Luke
recently posted some notes on the puppet dev group about a portable
subset of the language for use as an interchange format (though I
don't know what subset that would be. :)

I have created an EMF ecore model for puppet manifests. The technology I use (Xtext) helps with generating a .pp parser that constructs instances of this model. In the process I also get a serializer (i.e. model to pp text, to binary, to XML etc. etc.), as well as a syntax aware editor (with template and quickfix support). This enables us to use model to model transformations and lots of other modeling tools. Primarily we want to transform (complete and sections of) other ecore models into puppet.

I think I have covered the complete puppet language so I wanted to get a larget set of files to test with than the few I created by hand.

Regards
- henrik