On Dec 29, 2010, at 3:07 AM, Os wrote:

> But perhaps I am doing the whole thing wrong, is there an other way to
> solve this default-custom thing?

Depending on how conceptually “close together” they are, you could just define
the defaults in one class and have another class that inherits from it and
overrides with custom changes as needed.

I've done exactly that for `sysctl.conf`, but the defaults in my case only
apply to a specific group of systems. To put it another way, I don't use
modules at all but if I did, the default and custom values would probably be in
the same one in my particular case. Sounds like you've got them separated.

Something else I don't use is virtual resources, but maybe that would apply
here? If I understood them well enough to say for sure, I'd probably use them.
:)

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>