On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 06:41:26PM -0800, Bostjan Skufca wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> Is there any way to override client-specified environment in puppet
> master? I would like my puppetmaster node definition to set the real
> environment the node is in.
>
> Tnx for info,
> b.

I dont think this will work out of the box because IIRC the manifestdir
is also bound to the environment. So you have to know the environment before
you can lookup the actual nodedefinition. Maybe you can change the
modulepath in your node definition or write a custom function that changes
the modulepath/environemnt but I'm not sure if that really works in a sane way.

-Stefan