It's more than that though.

--onetime
--no-daemonize
--ignorecache
--verbose
--no-usecacheonfailure

and I think I'm missing some newer additions too.

Hmm that's true, and it is similar to --onetime. How about --explain?
The end result is that you get a detailed explanation of what is happening.

How about simply --once ? Nice and quick to type.

I think the issue there is that it doesn't convey all the other options that get enabled, like --ignorecache. After all, you're not just running it once, you're running it once with a bunch of debug options active as well.

Come to that, if people are using --test in production environments, maybe options like --ignorecache *shouldn't* be included in --test or its replacement?

Cheers,
Adam.