On 25/01/11 20:10, Jason Wright wrote:

> No.  We're 0.25.5 across the board.

> No, I can't.  As I originally stated, the actual exception isn't
> making it into the apache error log and since the stack traces aren't
> timestamped, I can't correlate to the puppetmasterd logs.  I'd love to
> understand why this is so I can provide better information to you.
> I've received some passenger pointers from a coworker and am going to
> play with the logging options to see if I can affect this.

OK, I missed this fact in the discussion, sorry.

>> Would it be possible to run passenger in a mode where it won't spawn
>> more than one thread and see if the problem disappears?
>
> You mean setting PassengerMaxPoolSize to 1?  I can try that on one of
> the production VMs but I'll have to revert it immediately if it causes
> any other problems.

I really don't know anything about Passenger, but reading the
documentation I don't think that's the correct settings.
I couldn't find in the documentation how passenger or rack use ruby
threads, so I'm unsure about what to do (one solution would be to add
some sync on the puppet side).

--
Brice Figureau
My Blog: http://www.masterzen.fr/