> So I guess it takes the configuration fro a catalog somewhere but I
> don't know how to disable it.
> Do you know if it is possible to use the puppetmaster without
> auth.conf?

That's not a problem.

Hm, the puppet master debug output doesn't tell you anything about the
manifest in use.
You may want to try
strace -f -e trace=file puppet master ... 2>&1 | grep site.pp to learn
what manifest it opens.

Big hammers, but what're you going to do...? ;-)

Well, of course you *can* have another look in your puppet.conf before
that, and see what manifest that configures. But that's so boring :)

Cheers,
Felix