Last job I ran puppet from cron via a wrapper script to allow more
inteligent pre and post actions. In your case I would probably have the
vcsrepo trigger a refreshonly exec to create a flag file on disk.

Then your wrapper can remove the flag and reinvoke puppet to collect the
latest round of changes. That may never exit, if your check-ins are fast
enough, but should at least try.

Inside puppet, though, it isn't possible. By the time the vcsrepo is running
the client is all done with talking to the master, and another full run is
needed to see any catalog changes - they were fully calculated out before
the run even started.

Regards,
    Daniel
--