On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 05:27:56AM -0800, Adriana wrote:
> Hello,
> here it is:
>
> puppetd --server pc03 --test --noop --evaltrace
> info: Caching catalog for aldaqpc001.cern.ch

So your puppet master is pc03 and you puppet client is
aldaqpc001.cern.ch. Is this correct?

> For the node definition on the server I use
> File:
> # site.pp
>
> import "nodes.pp"
>
> File nodes.pp
>
> import "classes/*.pp"
>
> node "pc001" {
>
>     include ldc
> }
> node "pc002" {
>
>     include test
> }
> node "pc003" {
>
>     include gdc
> }
>
> where ldc is a class.

1) you dont have a nodedefintion for aldaqpc001 or
aldaqpc001.cern.ch so none of you nodedefinition are applied.

2) just to be sure here: There is actual content like a
fileresource or anything in the class ldc right? Because If there is no
file/mount/cron/whatever resource definition in your class you wont see
anything.

3) If you use puppet --genconfig and redirect right to puppet.conf make
sure you dont have a »genconfig = true« line in it. Also make sure you
havent created /etc/puppet.conf but /etc/puppet/puppet.conf

-Stefan