Mohamed Lrhazi:
> I guess my answer was: you can use ruby's library ipaddr inside
> templates, not sure about manifests.

That is an interesting approach, and suggests possible inline_template()
hacks.  I note that of course Puppet itself can do CIDR tests in various
conf file settings, so clearly the underlying ruby makes this possible.

I'll think about this code you've pasted.  Thanks!

--
"It is not very unreasonable that the rich should
contribute to the public expense, not only in