Hey.

I think this discussion totally deserves a feature/bug report in redmine,
because both positions are reasonable. They do point to a hole where our
specifation seems vague, and where we *should* have made a decision: right
now we have a real chance of changing whatever the behaviour is by accident.

Matthew, do you want to file this at https://projects.puppetlabs.com for us,
along with the why behind your desire?

Regards,
    Daniel
--
Puppet Labs Developer –http://puppetlabs.com
Daniel Pittman <dan...@puppetlabs.com>
wrote:
> On 02/14/2011 05:27 PM, Matthew Pounsett wrote:

'creates' will override 'onlyif' in an exec clause. i.e. if the file named
by 'creates' exists, then 'onlyif' is ignored. Is someone able to confirm
that?

>>> I cannot positively confirm, but the opposite wouldn't make a bit of
>>> sense to me.
>>
>> Sometimes files exist already but need to be updated. With 'creates' and
'onlyif' both set, I'd expect an OR behaviour: write the file if the file
referenced by 'creates' doesn't exist, OR if 'onlyif' evaluates to true.