On Feb 15, 1:27 pm, David Bishop <tean...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does this sound reasonable?  Is it currently possible (and if so,
> pointers are welcome!)?  If I could make my trained developer monkey do
> the actual work, would patches implementing this be accepted?

You may also be interested in the --summarize option if you're
catching stdout.

As far as I know transaction reports are only serialized and sent to
the server[1]. The server is what actually processes the 'reports'
config parameter.

I'd really like alternate agent report methods as well. I think you'd
be well served by outputting structured 'report' data from the agent.
Emitting something like @metrics.to_json and then catching it with
'reply[:output] = JSON.parse(%x[#{@puppetd} --onetime --
reports=json,rest])' would be swell.

[1] lib/puppet/application/agent.rb:
Puppet::Transaction::Report.terminus_class = :rest