On 02/15/2011 05:32 PM, rredeno2 wrote:
> I'm rather new to puppet and I've been trying to get a module to work
> on the client servers.  Right now I'm trying to get
> http://forge.puppetlabs.com/ghoneycutt/pam to run.  When I try to run
> it I get these two errors:
>
> err: //pam/File[/etc/pam.d/sshd]: Failed to retrieve current state of
> resource: Could not retrieve information from source(s)
> puppet:///modules/pam/Ubuntu/sshd at /etc/puppet/modules/pam/manifests/
> init.pp:19
> err: //pam/File[/etc/pam.d/login]: Failed to retrieve current state of
> resource: Could not retrieve information from source(s)
> puppet:///modules/pam/Ubuntu/login at /etc/puppet/modules/pam/
> manifests/init.pp:19

Hi,

is that really the error message? It seems to be missing a component to
me. I do see where the error originates in the manifest, but the part
specifying what the non-working source actually *is* doesn't appear...

That may just be me being stuck with 0.25.5 atm, but if the error
logging has been cropped of this bit of info, that would be a regression
imo.

Please double-check the error message and repost if necessary.

Cheers,
Felix