On 02/17/2011 04:54 PM, rredeno2 wrote:
> The exact file extension is /modules/pam/files/CentOS/login (or $ssh),
> and both the login and sshd files are there .  I was considering
> changing CentOS to Ubuntu to see if this made a difference, but in the
> pam module's init.pp file, it has the $operatingsystem variable where I
> believe the CentOS directory was located.
> (puppet:///modules/pam/$operatingsystem/login)  I was assuming that the
> module takes into account various operating systems, and wasn't sure of
> what effect it would have on the rest of the module if I changed it.  I
> did change $operatingsystem to CentOS to see if having the exact file
> extension would work, but that had the same error, but just with saying
> CentOS instead of Ubuntu in the source file path, so I changed it back.
>
> And the original two errors are the only ones that I'm getting when I
> run it.

The module structure requires you to have a subdirectory for each client
operatingsystem you deploy with puppet.

I cannot infer what the error cause is when you do have, in fact, a
subdirectory named Ubuntu that contains the needed files. Create this
directory and watch the puppetmaster's debug output during a run once
more (although I fear that may turn up nothing).

HTH,
Felix