On 03/15/2011 02:42 AM, Nigel Kersten wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM, VinceT <vgtalus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm attempting to use puppet for customing the root gecos field to use
>> a template to insert the local hostname for Redhat 5.5 and Solaris
>> 10.    I'm using Puppet 2.6.4 with environments and modules and seeing
>> trouble that looks like end of lines not being suppressed from the
>> template.
>

> Adding a hyphen to the closing %> is the way to suppress newlines in
> ERB templates.
>
> <%= hostname -%>

Alternatively, just make sure there is in fact no linebreak at the end
of the template.

If you *do* indeed need ERB syntax (when doing something more than just
including the value of a fact in a string, such as joining the fields of
an array to a new string), you may want to look at the inline_template
function for an easier alternative. Creating files w/o newline at EOF is
a pain in the neck.

HTH,
Felix