Hi,

I will assume that you're talking about the master only and not about the
clients that connect to it.

Do you have two puppet.conf files? One in /etc/puppet and one in
/etc/puppet/common or is that a typo? Cause the obvious question is is it
reading the right file?

Is ssldir set under main section? Do you want to grep for ssldir over
/etc/puppet?

In 2.6.x I had no trouble moving that directory to /var/lib.

Cheers