On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Denmat <tu2bg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will assume that you're talking about the master only and not about the
> clients that connect to it.

It seems to only be a bug with puppetca. Yes, master only. Did you try using
puppetca?

> Do you have two puppet.conf files? One in /etc/puppet and one in
> /etc/puppet/common or is that a typo? Cause the obvious question is is it
> reading the right file?

I don't have a puppet.conf in /etc/puppet:

-bash-3.2# cd /etc/puppet
-bash-3.2# ls -l
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 6 puppet puppet 4096 Mar 31 20:43 common
drwxr-xr-x 5 puppet puppet 4096 Mar 31 20:59 extdata

It should be reading the right file...

The /etc/init.d/puppetmaster file has:

PUPPETMASTER_OPTS="--confdir=/etc/puppet/common"

and my /etc/puppet/common/puppet.conf looks like:

[main]
    vardir = /var/lib/puppet
    logdir = /var/log/puppet
    rundir = /var/run/puppet
    ssldir = $vardir/ssl
    external_nodes = /etc/puppet/common/bin/getnode.sh
    node_terminus = exec
    autosign = true
[prod_current]
    modulepath = /etc/puppet/common/env/prod_current/modules
    manifest   = /etc/puppet/common/env/prod_current/manifests/site.pp
[prod_legacy]
    modulepath = /etc/puppet/common/env/prod_legacy/modules
    manifest   = /etc/puppet/common/env/prod_legacy/manifests/site.pp
[agent]
    classfile = $vardir/classes.txt
    localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
    listen = true
    usecacheonfailure = false
    runinterval = 1800
    report = true
    server = puppet.pax.livegamer.com
    environment = prod_current

> Is ssldir set under main section? Do you want to grep for ssldir over
> /etc/puppet?

Yep.

Doug.