Thanks Felix, for your reply.

I found this rather confusing. Just after posing my question, I
figured out that the ACTUAL problem was with file (i.e. sudoers)
ownership, not the path. For puppetmaster to be able to copy the file
to the client, the file must be readable by "puppet_user", which is
not mentioned anywhere in the wiki. Since, I copied the file in the
".../modules/<module_name>/files" directory as root and it was owned
by root, file copy didn't work. Once i changed the owner of the file
to "puppet" from "root", every thing was fine.

Now, on a side note, I see the URL works for both with or without
"modules" in it. Are you seeing otherwise? I'm using puppet-
server-0.25.5, on SL5. Cheers!