On Apr 18, 6:11 pm, jcbollinger <john.bollin...@stjude.org> wrote:

> > [rpmforge-extras]
> > name = RHEL $releasever - RPMforge.net - extras
> > baseurl =http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/$basearch/extras
> > enabled = 0
> > protect = 0
>
> If the file exists before the Puppet run, then Puppet will not split
> it up, but when Puppet creates a new repo definition it always goes
> into its own file.  You could, however, concatenate the resulting
> files after the fact, probably via an exec.  If having the repos in
> multiple files bothers you, the go vote for bug #2062.

Although it's bothering me a to some extent, it's more likely a
question of compatibility. When the RHEL is the OS in question, RHEL
itself delivers the repo in the format, whilst Puppet doesn't support
that yet (as far as I understood in my few days of experience). Thanks
for the info on the bug reporting, I'll look for it.

> > I see, "descr" can't be used more than once in the same yumrepo{}
> > section. What's the work around? Cheers!!
>
> I didn't know this was a restriction.  If it is, then it will apply
> whether you declare your Yumrepos in the same or different blocks.
> There is no reason why it should need to be unique, so if you indeed
> see such behavior then I'd file a ticket.

Looks like I was doing something wrong when I tried that for the first
time. If I do something like this:

yumrepo { 'rpmforge':
    descr = 'RHEL $releasever - RPMforge.net - dag',
    baseurl = 'http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/$basearch/rpmforge',
    enabled = '1''
    protect = '0',
    gpgcheck = '1',
    gpgkey = 'file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmforge-dag';

    'rpmforge-extras':
    descr = 'RHEL $releasever - RPMforge.net - extras',
    baseurl = 'http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/$basearch/extras',
    enabled = '0',
    protect = '0';
}

Puppet creates two separate file, which actually does makes sense the
way Puppet works.

> On the other hand, I cannot imagine why it would be important to have
> identical "descr" properties for two or more distinct Yumrepos.  In
> fact, I'm not even seeing why it would be a good idea.  The workaround
> is to assign values that describe your repos specifically enough that
> you have no duplicates.

Maybe I confused you with my question, but I didn't mean to say
identical "descr" and as you can see above, I wasn't using  identical
"descr" properties at all. Cheers!!