How do you handle the *.rpm prerequisites of puppet itself.   If one
installs (deploys) puppet on an NFS mount, presumably you would also
include enterprise-ruby (or standard) with those dependencies there.
Enterprise Ruby seems to have rolled their own rpms, prefixed with
"pe-".

I suppose you'll find out what dependencies are missing if you try
running it on another host via the NFS mount :-)