Thanks for the feedback.

It will make life a lot easier if I can deploy/maintain puppet via a
RO NFS mount point.   I presume you have the local stuff like /etc/
init.d/puppetmaster /etc/sysconfig/puppet /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
managed separately and located on each system?

I thought it might be interesting to have the configs on NFS, but I
don't know if that would scale very well.

Thanks!