On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Brian Gupta <brian.gu...@brandorr.com>wrote:

> Douglas,
>
> I have to concur with disconnect, now that we are using Foreman, many
> of the things we setup in the past to catch these things are now
> redundant. I don't know why you "don't like" Foreman, but I have to
> say along with our initial decision to use puppet, and managing our
> configs with version control, adopting Foreman stands up there as one
> of our big infrastructure management wins. (And we aren't even
> using Foreman's provisioning capabilities).
>
> May I ask why you don't like Foreman? (We were for a long time
> hesitant to use Foreman, as it wasn't an "official" project, but we
> had reached a point where we needed a new ENC, and a technical
> evaluation of both Foreman and Dashboard lead us to the realization
> that functionality-wise it was a lot closer to what we needed. (And I
> suspect your needs may be similar to ours.)

Well, for one, I can't import my modules. I thought I'd take another shot at
it, and the documentation says to run this to import your modules:

rake puppet:import:puppet_classes RAILS_ENV=production

Our puppet isn't in a standard location, it's in /etc/puppet/common, so, the
above commands barfs. How can I change the default ?

Doug.