On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Tim Dunphy <bluethu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I noticed that it complained that it couldn't find this file
>  /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/public/stylesheets/all.css

This is actually one of the more straightforward aspects of Ruby on
Rails.  Everything in the "public" directory is served directly by the
webserver.  This error likely means that the server running Dashboard
can't find that directory.

>  I looked on the system and couldn't find it (tho I am not sure that
> is causing the problem)
>  this is one of the errors I see (I am looking for others).. a lot of
> info was output to the screen when I tried to load that page
>  here is more output that I saw to the screen.

This looks like log output from importing reports.  I haven't read
every line, but nothing jumps out as wrong.

> what logs should I be looking at for clues?

It depends on how you're running Dashboard.  Apache?  Passenger?
Using `script/server` locally?  How did you install Dashboard?  From
source, or a package?

With a little more information this should be an easy problem.