Hi all

On my TODO list for about a year now has been a tutorial on how easy it
is to write Puppet report processors and how much more you can do with
them than just email/log/store Puppet report data.  Rather than write a
whole tutorial I decided to create a whole series of examples of report
processors that should:

a) Provide some immediate solutions that you can deploy right now, and

b) Provide good examples of things you can do with report processing
that you can take, fork and modify.

All of them are released under the Apache 2.0 license.

In that spirit I've created ten new report processors:

1. Reports failed runs to an IRC channel -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-irc

2. Reports failed runs and logs to PagerDuty -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-pagerduty

3. Reports failed runs to Jabber/XMPP -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-xmpp

4. Reports failed runs to Twitter -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-twitter

5. Reports failed runs and logs to Campfire -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-campfire

6. Reports failed runs to Twilio -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-twilio

7. Reports failed runs to Boxcar -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-boxcar

8. Reports failed runs to HipChat -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-hipchat

9. Sends metrics to a Ganglia server via gmetric -
https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-ganglia

10. Reports failed runs to Growl - https://github.com/jamtur01/puppet-growl

Comments, feedback, testing and ideas for other integrations all welcomed.

Regards

James

--
James Turnbull