I don't know if it is or isn't being included but the -d -e were certainly
useful bits...

err: /Stage[main]/Ntp/File[ntp.conf]: Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve
information from source(s) puppet:///modules/ntp/files/ntp.conf.debian at
/etc/puppet/modules/ntp/manifests/ntp.pp:31
notice: /Stage[main]/Ntp/Service[ntp]: Dependency File[ntp.conf] has failures:
true

but the file is clearly somewhere...

# ls -l /etc/puppet/modules/ntp/files/ntp.conf.debian
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 535 2011-06-13 12:55
/etc/puppet/modules/ntp/files/ntp.conf.debian

and as noted below, the source is indicated to be

source => puppet:///modules/ntp/files/ntp.conf.debian

which is the same 2 questions I started with since I have the 'Puppet Pro' book
in my hand and various references on the puppetlabs documentation web pages and
I was pretty much of the opinion that this should be working.

Craig