On Jun 20, 2011, at 3:54 PM, Ken Barber wrote:

> It does seem like its not being included :-) ...
>
> What does:
>
> echo "# foo" >> /etc/ntp.conf
> puppet apply -d -e 'include ntp'
>
> Do?
----
OK - I simplified the chaining so now the ntp is indeed included with all
puppet agent and puppetd actions.

but apparently I am caching the previous configuration and perhaps because I am
set up to be in 'production' mode, this means that configuration changes aren't
necessarily understood.

on my puppet client...

# puppet agent --test --verbose --server ubuntu.ttinet
info: Retrieving plugin
info: Loading facts in datacenter
info: Loading facts in datacenter
info: Caching catalog for ubuntu2.ttinet
info: Applying configuration version '1308612492'
err: /Stage[main]/Ntp/File[ntp.conf]: Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve
information from source(s) puppet:///modules/ntp/files/ntp.conf.debian at
/etc/puppet/modules/ntp/manifests/ntp.pp:31
notice: /Stage[main]/Ntp/Service[ntp]: Dependency File[ntp.conf] has failures:
true
warning: /Stage[main]/Ntp/Service[ntp]: Skipping because of failed dependencies
notice: Finished catalog run in 0.11 seconds

but I changed the source to

source => "source => "puppet://$puppetserver/modules/ntp/files/${conf_file}"

but even after restarting puppetd or just invoking the puppet agent command
(above), it still seems to use the 'file' based URL

even after restarting puppetmaster on the server, still the same as above

How do I clear the cached catalog?

Craig