> my manifest contains  number of file (flat and templete ) and for
> pulling some jars on client.

I guess I was looking to find out the specifics of how big these
manifests and templates are in total on the nodes you are having
specific performance issues with. You say 'big manifests' but this is
a relative statement :-).

If 'nothing has changed' (please confirm this with your svn/git
history) then it must be something else other then content or puppet
itself ....

Without seeing your content its a hard one to trace via a mailing
list, there could be a network issue and some function you are trying
to execute could be lagging or having trouble resolving dns etc. Try
running your puppetmasterd in the foreground using something like:

puppetmasterd --no-daemonize --debug --trace --logdest console

And as you do a single run, see if it gives you any clues as to what
its blocking on during those 20 minutes.

ken.