Hi,

Maybe I'm going nuts, but I could have sworn reading about a trick or
new feature which allowed to have a definition parameter get a default
value of the definition's own $title (instead of having the hack around
the limitation with selectors and intermediate variables later on).

Basically what I want to have working is this :

-8<-

define foo (
    $bar = $namevar
) {
    file { '/tmp/foo': content => $title }
    file { '/tmp/bar': content => $bar }
}

# Here I want both to contain "foo"
foo { 'foo': }
# Here I want bar to contain "bar"
foo { 'foo': bar => 'bar' }

-8<-

Anything I can use instead of "$bar = $namevar" to get it working?

Matthias

Fedora release 14 (Laughlin) - Linux kernel 2.6.35.13-91.fc14.x86_64
Load : 0.36 0.40 0.85