Matthias Saou wrote :

> > try $name, that should do it, came in somewhere mid 2.6.x series
>
> Yup, that was it!
>
> Section "$name can now be used to set default values in defined
> resource types" in the release notes :
> https://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Release_Notes

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but is the same thing achievable when
calling a definition? I've tried with $name but it takes the value of
the parent element.

Basically what I'd like to do is :

node 'myvmhost' {
  createvm { [ 'vm01', 'vm02', 'vm03', 'vm04', 'vm05' ]:
    # VNC Port 59XY for vmXY
    vncport => regsubst($name, 'vm', '59'),

For two reasons :
 * This prevents from iterating many identical calls to the definition
 * The definition is in a generic module for which it does not make
   sense to default the parameter to this calculated value.

With $name I get the 'myvmhost' string using puppet 2.6.9, but I'd like
to have access to the 'vmXY' string instead. Is that possible?

Matthias

Fedora release 14 (Laughlin) - Linux kernel 2.6.35.13-91.fc14.x86_64
Load : 0.21 0.22 0.27