On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 13:43, Jacob Helwig <ja...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:31:39 -0400, Nan Liu wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM, David Kavanagh <dkavan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I need to convert a value from facter to lower case for inclusion in a
>> > path. Is there a built-in function for that?
>>
>> Not builtin, but you can use this:
>>
>> https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-functions/blob/master/lib/puppet/parser/functions/downcase.rb
>
> So, why don't we have downcase in core Puppet? :-\

Because about one in five of them is not actually *finished*, some of
them seem to replicate core functionality, the testing is weak, and
they all actually pass the tests that are currently defined – even the
functions that are literally just "do nothing at all".

Progress is being made to bring them up to standard, but I am still
vaguely surprised they have not started to merge in as they get done,
and that they are being developed aside from the core.

Daniel
--
⎋ Puppet Labs Developer – http://puppetlabs.com
♲ Made with 100 percent post-consumer electrons