On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 7:19 PM, treydock <treyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking up the use of create_resources which is mentioned in the bug
> you linked, looks like it's available only in 2.7.x.  I'm currently
> running 2.6.9, but may be worth upgrading for.

Pretty sure you can be backport to 2.6 since it's just a function:

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-create_resources

> I tried you suggestion, but get this error...
>
> err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
> SERVER: Invalid tag "dump_dir/backups/redmine-
> sqldumpsdatabasesredminebackup_dir/var/www/rails/redmine" at /etc/
> puppet/modules/backuppc/manifests/definitions/sqldump.pp:11 on
> node ...

Can't say for sure without more code, but this simple example should
demonstrate how this works:

$myhash = {
  var1 => {
    message => 'hi'
  },
  var2 => {
    message => 'bye'

define my_notify ($var) {
  notify { $name:
    message => $var[$name]['message']

my_notify { ['var1', 'var2']:
  var => $myhash
}

> Also I am not sure what you mean by "functions that get an array of
> first level hash keys".

I mean if you need this to work with any hash without manually
providing an array of resource titles write a custom puppet function
that returns hash keys as a custom puppet function.

Thanks,

Nan