Hello everyone,

I have the following environments configured as master:

# puppetmasterd -V
0.25.4

# cat puppet.conf
[main]
 confir=/etc/puppet
 logdir=/var/log/puppet
 vardir=/var/lib/puppet
 ssldir=/var/lib/puppet/ssl
 rundir=/var/run/puppet
 pidfile=$rundir/puppetmasterd.pid
 factpath=$vardir/lib/facter
 pluginsync=true
 templatedir=$confdir/templates
 prerun_command=/etc/puppet/etckeeper-commit-pre
 postrun_command=/etc/puppet/etckeeper-commit-post

[master]
  modulepath=$confdir/environments/$environment/modules:$confdir/modules
  manifest=$confdir/manifests/unknown.pp

[development]
 manifest   = $confdir/manifests/site.pp

[testing]
 manifest   = $confdir/manifests/site.pp

I have the modules in place, for every environment. This does not seem to be
an issue. Certificates are correctly signed.
The problem is that my agent located on another host, does not load the
development environment whenever I run the following command:
# puppetd -V
0.25.4

# puppetd agent --verbose --server=lbre-puppet.stanford.edu --noop --test
--environment development

I get the following in the agent when I run the command above:

info: Caching catalog for ganglia01.stanford.edu
info: Applying configuration version '1313184594'
notice: //gangliamonitor::service/Service[ganglia-monitor]/ensure: is
stopped, should be running
(noop)
notice: Finished catalog run in 0.11 seconds

It runs fine, but not the development environment. I even mess it up the
development module to make sure it was running something different. It runs
the main one. The master's output is the regular output as if I had ran
without the --environment switch.

Does anyone know what could be missing or causing this behavior?

I appreciate in advance.

-Fred