On Aug 22, 12:12 pm, Stefan Schulte <stefan.schu...@taunusstein.net>
wrote:

> Whenever you have the wrong device for a mount in your fstab you end up
> with mounts in mounts. For me this would happens a lot for nfs mounts where
> some machines are configured with hostname:/share and others with
> hostname.domain.tld:/share
>
> If puppet identifies a mount with name AND device I will end up with two
> lines in fstab for the same share. Pretty ugly.

Again, Puppet needs to model the application space.  I grant, however,
that there may be corners that are not cost-effective (in time and
resources) to model.  Multiple swap spaces are not one of them.
Puppet could address this issue by being either smart or configurable
about whether multiple fstab entries referring to the same mount point
are allowed.

"Configurable" would mean at least one new property on the resource.
"Smart" might anything, but might involve, for example, allowing
multiple mounts only on mount points that are not absolute.

John