On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:54:53 -0700, M. Hand wrote:

> Please bare with me as I have VERY limited experience with this:
>
> I need to find a way to be able to reset administrator passwords on
> our network. Most of our network is Linux, however we are looking into
> the Windows side.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Puppet only recently gained the ability to manage local users (though
not yet passwords) on Windows, though it's only in the latest
development versions of 2.7.x.

We're planning on adding support for managing passwords for local users,
though we're still looking for a good way to do this that doesn't
require specifying the password in plain-text in the Puppet manifest.

--
Jacob Helwig
,----
`----