On Sep 8, 2011, at 9:55 AM, Nigel Kersten wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 9:51 AM, M. Hand <mattxh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to have a Windows hashed password setup from the
> command line (ie we have a pw hash, how do we, on command line, update
> a users pw with that hash)?
>
> That's the problem we haven't solved yet. Suggestions much appreciated!
----
Not much of a help here but there is a perl module for this - I know because
webmin uses it.

(ubuntu packaging)
# apt-cache search smbhash
libcrypt-smbhash-perl - generate LM/NT hash of a password for samba

I did find this via Google
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/334519/ldap-through-ruby-or-rails

that suggests that something like this should work...
OpenSSL::Digest::MD4.hexdigest(Iconv.iconv("UCS-2", "UTF-8", pass).join).upcase

Craig