Hello,

I'm new to both Ruby and Puppet. Puppet is fantastic - loving it so
far.

I created a new type & provider (of parsed file type) for modifying
newsyslog.conf files and am hoping some folks would be willing to
review it to make sure there are no glaring mistakes or perhaps some
shortcuts or language features I've missed since I'm new to both. Any
input would be welcome. Either email directly or just comment on the
gist if it gets to be off topic:

https://gist.github.com/1230749

How often do new types/providers make it into the base system? Should
one pursue that avenue (or perhaps the puppet modules project?).

Thanks for any assistence or guidance,
- Jesse