Somewhat related to this, is there a way for Puppet to source files in this
manner:

First: /etc/puppet/modules/<module>/$environment/<file>
Default: /etc/puppet/modules/<module>/<file>

Just to avoid having the same directory structure under
/etc/puppet/$environment/ as Deven has done.

Best regards,
Gonzalo