The one thing that I'll mention is that you want to use "hasstatus => true"
whenever possible, I've found, at least on older versions of Puppet
(0.25.x). Sometimes the logic it tries to use otherwise doesn't quite work,
but using the "/etc/init.d/<servicename> status" check seems to work fine.

--
Nathan Clemons
http://www.livemocha.com