My inventory server is a puppetmaster, but its master of itself and is only
being using for inventory services.  If I point new clients to it will work
fine.

So think of my setup like this:

puppet1.company.com and puppet2.company.com are two dedicated servers in
each datacenter that handle local client connectivity only.  By using
certname=puppet I can copy the same CA to puppet2.company.com and support
failing over if the primary server goes down.  This setup is mimic'ed in
about 20 other sites.

The inventory server is a remote puppet master sitting in a backoffice
datacenter that is setup with mysql and puppet dashboard to receive reports
and inventory services from all 40 of the masters.

So with this current arrangement how would I go about making sure the
inventory server has a cert that is signed by the 40 other CAs.